13 May What does my membership fee with MyMD Direct cover?
Monthly membership fees are affordable on almost any budget and provide you with the following benefits:
- 24/7 direct access to Dr. Mabry via his personal cell phone, text, and email, as well as virtual visits (Skype, Facetime) and home/work visits (if established as a need or desire with your membership). Phone calls after hours go directly to Dr. Mabry’s cell phone in order to provide real-time access for any questions or concerns. This approach eliminates or significantly reduces the need to visit minute clinics, urgent care facilities, or emergency departments as Dr. Mabry is easily accessible to you. The more providers involved in your care can lead to confusion, medical errors, and serious side effects.
- Office visits to MyMD Direct are included without the need to meet any co-pays or deductibles.
- Once a year, the patient membership includes a complete physical exam with age/sex-appropriate labs at no additional charge.
- Same or next day appointments with minimal, if any, wait time in the office are part of your membership. It is recommended for appointments to be scheduled by calling Dr. Mabry directly to help ensure quick availability, prevent wait times, and make sure there is adequate time for your questions or concerns. Since home visits are offered, it is best that patients call instead of dropping by the office in case Dr. Mabry is out on a house call.
- Extended and relaxed visits allow for quality patient-centered care without quotas, time limits, or unnecessary documentation for insurance companies during the visit, which limits the time that you spend with your doctor. Mabry and the patient can focus simply on what is best for the patient member in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Generic antibiotic prescriptions for acute illness, if available, are provided at the time of the visit with minimal or no additional charges. This saves time and eliminates your need to visit the pharmacy after your visit.
- Access to wholesale acute and chronic generic medications is available with no additional charges. MyMD Direct has the proper licensing for in-office dispensing of medications for its members. Please note that the MyMD Direct office DOES NOT order, supply, dispense, or store any controlled substances such as pain medications, ADD medications, anxiety medications, or sleep medications. MyMD Direct will directly order medications from suppliers and passes all of the savings on to its members. These prices are significantly lower than those provided by GoodRx and similar programs.
- Access to wholesale labs with direct-to-member pricing. Pricing for these labs is discussed upfront and before they are completed to ensure the patient finds the price affordable. Yearly physical labs are provided as part of your membership. Additional labs that are not considered routine are provided at these wholesale prices.
- Access to cash pricing on radiology exams (X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, MRIs, etc.) from local radiology groups results in significant discounts compared to insurance pricing. Pricing will be discussed with the member and payment to the radiology practice is required upfront at the time of service to ensure these tremendous savings are honored.